‘Pound a bed’ pledge

Hotel Miramar > Latest News > ‘Pound a bed’ pledge

Dorset’s only children’s hospice charity has been given a cash boost thanks to the generosity of guests staying at Hotel Miramar.

Julia’s House which is dedicated to helping life-limited children and their families across Dorset and south Wiltshire has already received almost £2,000 from us through our ‘£1 a bed campaign’.

Guests staying with us are asked if they are willing to add just £1 to their bill to be donated to charity, which, for at least the next year, will be the Corfe Mullen hospice.

Laura Kelly, Julia’s House community fundraiser has been amazed by the donation, commenting “We were approached by the Hotel Miramar management team who told us they had selected us as their nominated charity for the year. We were astounded to receive such a big hearted donation, and thank the hotel and their guests so much for their generosity. We are always immensely grateful to all our community and corporate fundraisers, and this bedroom pledge just goes to show that every pound really does make a difference.”

Julia’s House receives just 5% of its total annual funding from the government, relying on public fundraising and donations for the remaining 95%.

David Bailey, Hotel Director said, “We launched the ‘£1 a bed pledge’ a few years ago, and it is amazing how quickly it all adds up. Previous beneficiaries have included the BCHA homeless ‘sleep safe’ campaign; and Julia’s House has now been nominated to receive money raised by hotel guests. It is completely voluntary, and anyone can opt out from making the donation should they wish, but our experience shows that very few do. We also have some plans underway to host a fundraising event this summer in aid of Julia’s House. Watch this space!”

Further information about the hospice is available on their website www.juliashouse.org.

X